Ideas For Installing Drawer Glides For Cabinet W/o Side - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ideas for installing drawer glides for cabinet w/o side

Hi guys,

I recently bought an older home (built in 1962) and I'm in the processing of remodeling the kitchen. I plan to keep the existing cabinets, but I'd like to upgrade them with side drawer slides.

The problem is that the these cabinets lack the sides needed for the install, and I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to get it done. Here are some pics.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Advertisement

beetz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Bottom sliders.

Advertisement

JohnJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000

Side mounted guides will mount to the face frame and the back wall. Both of which you seem to have.
The question to ask would be, do you have the side clearances (1/2" per side)to mount them?
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #4

I appreciate the replies.

I know bottom sliders would probably work, but i'd really prefer side sliders.

At Lowe's and Homedepot the only side cabinet sliders I found attach to the sides instead of to the wall and face frame. Can you tell me where I can find this kind you mentioned?

The current fit for the drawers is tight, but I don't think side clearance should be an issue because I can just enlarge the opening by cutting.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:03 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetz12 View Post
I appreciate the replies.

I know bottom sliders would probably work, but i'd really prefer side sliders.

At Lowe's and Homedepot the only side cabinet sliders I found attach to the sides instead of to the wall and face frame. Can you tell me where I can find this kind you mentioned?

The current fit for the drawers is tight, but I don't think side clearance should be an issue because I can just enlarge the opening by cutting.
Both Lowes and Home Depot carry these guides. You buy the guide and the bracket that attaches to the wall separately. They are also available online. Just do a search for, "full extension drawer guides".
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron6519 View Post
Both Lowes and Home Depot carry these guides. You buy the guide and the bracket that attaches to the wall separately. They are also available online. Just do a search for, "full extension drawer guides".
Ron
Ok, so the bracket and guides are sold separately... that explains why I didn't find them at Lowe's and Homedepot. After searching for "full extension drawer guides", I believe I have seen them at the store.

Thanks Ron, I'll have to go back and look for those brackets.

Dave

Advertisement