HVAC Inside Fan Wont Turn Off - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Angry

HVAC inside fan wont turn off

Hello all, We just bought our house about a month ago and our HVAC system was working fine, then 2 days ago we noticed that the inside fan wouldn't shut off. We had our thermostat set to AUTO but even when we switched to off it stayed on.

I am not an electrician but I am pretty decent at fixing things and after several hours researching, I think it might be my limit switch. I took it out and started calling HVAC supply stores, but they all said they only sell to business. I've tried looking on line for the same part but being that the system is 20+ years old I am having an issue figuring out of all of the limit switches are compatible with my system.

I've attached two pictures of the switch I removed to see if anyone could help me find a compatible switch or a supplier that will sell to the public, preferably in the SoCal area.

TIA

HVAC inside fan wont turn off-20131010_104342-1-.jpg

HVAC inside fan wont turn off-20131010_104329-1-.jpg

Advertisement

edithmonarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,542

that is a common limit switch...did you try ww grainger....ben sr

Advertisement

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thank you Ben, Grainger was able to help, there was a location right by my house so I will work on it this week end.

Thanks again
edithmonarez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edithmonarez For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (10-11-2013)

Tags
blower runs , fan , hvac , limit switch