||08-02-2010 10:17 PM
How to get rid of burn smell in basement
We have a finished basement where we used to have a microwave. Recently we had an incident (call it a botched scientific experiment) when something left in the microwave for a long period of time caught fire. Fortunately for us, this did not turn into a basement fire. However, now we have a strong burn smell in the basement that we can't get rid of. One problem is that there is very little air circulation there as basement windows are very small and there is no central heating/air in the basement.
Any recommendation on how we can get rid of the smell? Should we get one of those large fans that are used to dry basements after flooding, open all the windows and run the fan for a long time? Or do we need to treat the whole basement with some type of chemical?