Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
DIY Apprentice
 
tripflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 110
Share |
Default

How fun my night was...


Soo...after getting home around 2pm i decided i would tinker with my pool pump because it has a leak, and oh guess what, so does the booster bump...jeez. Anyways so i break both pumps down, and decided, since the cable guy is gonna be here and he has to run all new cable, i might as well run all my CAT5 cable at the same time and drop it down the same hole...

Well, i left my pump sitting there, the cable guy showed up, and we started running the wires...everything went great until i was in the attic heading towards the master bedroom...

Stepped on one of those pieces of wood that they would normally put between the rafters, and SNAP! ... right through the ceiling. Fun fun fun.

Just thought i would share with everyone how fun my night was last night...oh yeah, this was around 8:30 that this happened, so i had to hurry my way to home depot before they closed to buy about $100 in tools, putty, drywall, insulation, etc etc...

And some pictures...


This was after i filled up 4 trash bags full of insulation...ugh


A closer look the my beautiful hole...funny thing too, when i fell down, i always carry my phone on my side in a clip, the electrical wire caught my phone and it was clipped onto the wire...


Before the muuuuuuuuuddddddd @ about 11pm



And the final product @ about 12:30am ... oh yeah, forgot to mention, i stopped for some hungry howies :D

And my pump is still in pieces and pool is just getting greener by the minute

So...how was your day?


__________________
"How else am i supposed to build my tool collection and owe home depot lots of money? That's why I DIY"
2,200 SQ ft 3/2 Lake house with in-ground pool: http://picasaweb.google.com/tripflex
Help us help you by posting pictures with your question!
tripflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Default

How fun my night was...


Well, at least you didn't get hurt
And you have more tools & will learn a new skill
I did that at my last house, but not as bad
I was able to push it all back in place & mud it

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
DIY Apprentice
 
tripflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 110
Default

How fun my night was...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Well, at least you didn't get hurt
And you have more tools & will learn a new skill
I did that at my last house, but not as bad
I was able to push it all back in place & mud it

Yeah absolutely, get new tools and learn new things as i go...just wish it wasn't last night. I was so excited to install my network plates and get all my networking done between my computers and then that happens...ugh!
__________________
"How else am i supposed to build my tool collection and owe home depot lots of money? That's why I DIY"
2,200 SQ ft 3/2 Lake house with in-ground pool: http://picasaweb.google.com/tripflex
Help us help you by posting pictures with your question!
tripflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Default

How fun my night was...


We have all had days like you had I am afraid. The old houses and buildings I work on most are full of surprises that sneak out from nowhere at the 11th hour.

Look at the bright side! You get to spend another night trying to blend in that popcorn ceiling! This is among my all time favorite things to do! OMG do I hate that stuff. Fortunately I do not see much of it in old places.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
DIY Apprentice
 
tripflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 110
Default

How fun my night was...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
We have all had days like you had I am afraid. The old houses and buildings I work on most are full of surprises that sneak out from nowhere at the 11th hour.

Look at the bright side! You get to spend another night trying to blend in that popcorn ceiling! This is among my all time favorite things to do! OMG do I hate that stuff. Fortunately I do not see much of it in old places.

Yeah i bought a can of the spray which was like 15 bucks! I forgot to buy paint though, so i'll probably just leave it for now until i go back up to home depot and ill just grab some plain white paint...

And yes, i know how not-easy it is to try and blend the popcorn ceiling...i'm not looking forward to it
__________________
"How else am i supposed to build my tool collection and owe home depot lots of money? That's why I DIY"
2,200 SQ ft 3/2 Lake house with in-ground pool: http://picasaweb.google.com/tripflex
Help us help you by posting pictures with your question!
tripflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Default

How fun my night was...


Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post
Yeah i bought a can of the spray which was like 15 bucks! I forgot to buy paint though, so i'll probably just leave it for now until i go back up to home depot and ill just grab some plain white paint...

And yes, i know how not-easy it is to try and blend the popcorn ceiling...i'm not looking forward to it
I've had the best luck with the kits the paint store has. You mix the plastic pellets in with paint. Those cans give you about a 15-30 second quick burst as I remember. Good luck. You will need a few of them for a section as large as you have.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
DIY Apprentice
 
tripflex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 110
Default

How fun my night was...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
I've had the best luck with the kits the paint store has. You mix the plastic pellets in with paint. Those cans give you about a 15-30 second quick burst as I remember. Good luck. You will need a few of them for a section as large as you have.

Yikes! That sounds mad expensive then! So what should i ask for at the paint store? I'll just return that $15 can!
__________________
"How else am i supposed to build my tool collection and owe home depot lots of money? That's why I DIY"
2,200 SQ ft 3/2 Lake house with in-ground pool: http://picasaweb.google.com/tripflex
Help us help you by posting pictures with your question!
tripflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Too Short? Cut it Again!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9,635
Default

How fun my night was...


I have not purchased it in awhile but seem to remember it coming in a plastic bag. It is just plastic pellets the same size as get sprayed on the ceiling. I think I just mixed it with paint but maybe there was an adhesive additive or something. I found it in with plaster and drywall repair supplies at my fave paint store.

You might start a search for a popcorn ceiling repair thread for more and better advice?
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 208
Default

How fun my night was...


First thing that came to mind while reading this was Nationals Lampoons Christmas Vacation when Clark is trapped in his attic and ends up falling through his ceiling.

Sorry that this happened but the patch up looks great!
creamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KS
Posts: 56
Default

How fun my night was...


Quote:
Originally Posted by creamaster View Post
First thing that came to mind while reading this was Nationals Lampoons Christmas Vacation when Clark is trapped in his attic and ends up falling through his ceiling.

Sorry that this happened but the patch up looks great!
True but once Clark fell through he was able to warm up a little. Great flick.

HitLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Central A/C turns off every night at midnight? RKDuke HVAC 11 08-28-2009 08:19 AM
GFCI light switch trips once per night ???? mw6263 Electrical 11 07-25-2008 11:05 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.