How To Change Iphone's Battery? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

How to change iphone's battery?

My battery is almost dead, so that i wanna change it but don't know how, any good idea? Pls advise.

Advertisement

lookjeab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Try this:
http://bit.ly/Ps8045

Its going to depend on which model you have so make sure you are looking at the instructions for the right generation.

Advertisement

knotquiteawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Coconut Pete's paella!

Rewards Points: 500

I hope you have steady fingers! Which model? Some are harder than others. I just did a screen on a 4G ipod touch which assembles in a similar way to the 3G / 3GS - that was NOT fun! The 4 / 4S on the other hand - the whole thing starts w/ screws. A little more manageable, but again ... steady hands required!

Your alternative is to go to a computer place and pay them the $100 to just get it done. Most local computer repair shops will do ipods/iphones these days.
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 500

Changing the battery on an iPhone is surprisingly easy (at least, up through the 4; I haven't opened a 4S or 5). Go to iFixIt.com, they have lots of instructions for pretty much anything you want to do to your iPhone (I've changed a few screens on mine in the past.... stupid clumsiness)
TheBobmanNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Apple wonders why it loses market share. Come on, can you imagine any other company so arrogant about its technology that it forces customers to ask how they can change a battery in the phone? I have to suggest the easiest solution but if you are of the Apple religion you will not like it.

Buy a Samsung Galaxy GS III. Samsung makes many compoenents of your iPhone anyhow. Or some look alike like mine. I have not managed to short out the thing holding the antenna yet AND I can actually do phone calls! I have working maps.

And as Apple just learned when Samsung jacked up the price on screens for iPhones, no doubt to cover ridiculous patent suit costs? Vengeance is, of course, a dish best served cold. Apple has no alternate supplier.

Or take the phone in. AT&T is so anxious to help unless you have a complaint about, say, phone service itself. Apple service people are so condescending it is worth the experience to be humiliated. Bring an Apple computer with you too for extra fun.

I know absolutely nobody close to me that owns an iPhone anymore. Many of my NYC folk joined the protest and tossed theirs in the Hudson River, eating the loss. That was as much AT&T as Apple though I guess.

- Steven

Last edited by user1007; 11-20-2012 at 01:45 AM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote