Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #1

Share |
home central air

I accidentally pulled my thermostat wires out of my outside compressor when i was weed whipping i reconnected to wires that were connected but now my blower in my furnace will not blow any cool air out of my vents the blower will not run when i turn on my cool air when i turn on the heat it works fine, it is only when i turn on my cool air. i thought it might be the thermostat but the heat works fine .

allstar_10938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

home central air

You will have to run new 5-wire Bell wire to it to fix.

gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #3

home central air

how many wires did you reconnect and were they all color coded?if they were,check inside the condenser might of pulled the wire off a terminal within...the fan LO for the heat is not the same contolling point as the cooling fan HI
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:25 AM   #4

home central air

there were only two wires connected and i reconnected them they were red and white wires and when i ripped them out, a little of the wire was left on the wires comming from the condensor, so i just reconnected them (only two wires). in the condensor the wires are both blue , and the thermostat wires are red and white. i looked at everything in the condensor and i cannot see anywhere else for wires to go
allstar_10938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Retired from the grind

home central air

Pull the Model & manufacturer, and go to their website to look at the book for your unit. Then at the Air Handler, look at where the Red & White goes on the Control panel. It should be +/- for voltage.
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #6

home central air

that is typical with the 2 wires out to the condenser so that says the tranformer is in the air handler furnace section.some thing is going on with your stat or the relay for the fan to run hi speed for cooling.pull the stat off the wall(remove it gently ...sorry now your faced with the subbase...with the power up on the furnace jump R to G on the subbase you should hear/feel the supply fan run...*then to verify the outdoor section (condenser) jump R to Y for a 5-10 second,and have another pair of eyes out the window to yell out the fan came on on the top of the condenser from your jump.that 2 blue within the condenser tells you can connect the red/white either blue doesn't matter.the running of the condenser has nothing to do with the indoor fan running with this jumping at the base it is totally for testing the 24V out/down to each one.*if you have a meter and can read 24V disconnect the 2 blues,and put your leads out at the condenser on the red and white coming from the house...when you jump R to Y you should see 24V on the meter.(* 2 ways of testing the wire run out to the condenser)with the stat remounted onto the subbase putting the FAN in the on position it should run..in AUTO the fan will only run if the cooling is calling..even if the SYSTEM is off on the stat the fan still will run when put into the ON position.will check back for your feedback.

biggles is offline   Reply With Quote