Help With Removing Pet Stain From Carpet - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with removing pet stain from carpet

Hello,
I just returned from Christmas vacation and my not so precious dogs decided to have a field day with my carpet. I am renting a home and would love to get my deposit back. They only targeted select corners of my home and my bedroom. I have a company coming out to steam clean and treat the areas. Should I replace the carpet pad too in these areas? Any other suggestions to get the smell out. I can't believe they did this!

Thanks.

Advertisement

katyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 264

Use one of the enzyme products. It works on urine, feces and vomit from pets and even friends and family if need be. Blot up the mess as much as you can with rags and then saturate the area with Simple Solution being sure to get the stuff all the way down through the padding. Blot it just a little with a clean dry rag and let it dry on it's own for a few days. Like magic - the odor is gone. I use Simple Solution because it is available in my local pet shops but I am sure any brand that is a similar enzyme product would work. Here is a link to the Petco site - http://www.petco.com/product/2851/Si...r-Remover.aspx but I bet your local pet shop has it.

Rege

Advertisement

Last edited by RegeSullivan; 12-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.
RegeSullivan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #3

Thanks for the help on removing the pet stain from my carpet. I will head to Petco this evening and get busy. Once I am done, I am going to cover those areas to prevent a repeat. Maybe they will have something to keep them from going back to the areas.
katyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 264

Just the Simple Solution my keep them out of those areas. Dogs and cats tend to do their business where it was done before and they are able to identify those areas by smell. Maybe put your money in to something that will attract them to where you want them to go. It is hard to believe but this will completely remove the odor related to what the pets did.

Maybe you could give it a few days and let me know what you think.

Rege
RegeSullivan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:24 PM   #5
Jack of all, master nope

Lightbulb

Try something called Natures Miracle. I get it from Petco and it rocks. It even kills cat urine smell. As far as cleaning Oxy-Clean is great.

A trick I use to keep them from coming back it to sprinkle some pepper in the area where they went. All animals sniff before going to make sure it is an acceptable area . One snoot of pepper and they will not return for a long time if ever.
rss021815 is offline   Reply With Quote