Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help with estimating PPSF costs

Hi all. I just found this forum. I recently purchased 4 acres of land in western WA outside of Gig Harbor. In the near future, I will have a well installed, then a septic system. I then plan to build, by myself, a stick built garage/shop with living quarters above. I will attach a link which shows kind of what I am after. Since I am out of state right now, and cannot visit lumber yards, I am wondering if someone can give me a PPSF ballpark for my materials costs. I'd like the footprint to be at least 24' x 40'. I want two pull through stalls with doors on both sides. I'd like the ceilings to be 12 foot in the garage, and at least 8 foot walls upstairs with an exposed beam open ceiling. I will have dormars on both sides of the pitched roof upstairs to bring in light. I'd like to put a balcony with french doors off one end. This is the closest example I can find online, but I would modify it.

EDIT: First, I posted this in the wrong area. Can a moderator please move this to the "Building and Construction" area? Secondly, I just read the sticky about not asking for estimated costs. OOPS! I do not mean to offend anyone, and am just trying to figure how much money I need to save to pull this off. I already have well, septic, and concrete costs, just not materials to build the structure myself. Thank you.

http://www.thegarageplanshop.com/706.../010g-0008.php

Last edited by WA Gardener; 03-09-2013 at 02:00 PM.
WA Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
Civil Engineer

Rewards Points: 2,086

Just take your plans to any lumber yard, they will be pleased to quote you a price for delivered lumber.

Daniel Holzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Holzman For This Useful Post:
joecaption (03-09-2013)
Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,320

And wait until your ready to build or add at least 10% to the price if you wait.
Prices of materials can change from day to day.
Anything like roofing or vinyl can change from day to day since it's made from petrolium.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote