Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
despriate4repairs

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Help

In an effort to create a more realistic budget. i was going thru my "wishlist" for products and actually totalling them up in sort of a shopping list/invoice type of fashion.... well i am way over what i thought i was at...

Anyway I had some questions... because i am trying to simi-accuratly price the money i need for just the materials before i move on to labour.... can some of you help me with an average price of the following items. and if you have a website pass it on.....

Drywall:
Sheetrock:
Insulation:
Drywall Tape:
Shirwin-williams paint:
SW Primer:

I ditched the old project and desided to buy a new house. i am still working on closing in but look its so pretty! Good bye indiana! Texas i am coming home! http://picasaweb.google.com/lcdallas/StonecrestMar2007?authkey=uBdQZFC_Fnw
depriate4repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
remodeling pro

Help

I don't see how average prices from people responding from across the country, and thus across the price range are much good. Twenty minutes on the phone or a trip to your local home center or big box retailer will get the realistic prices for your region. It is of no relevance what the price of Sherwin Williams paint is in Manhatten or Los Angeles.

troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
despriate4repairs

Help

I would absolutly love to cruise around town and try to find a ruff estimate for that stuff. but being that i am in Iraq it makes it very difficult. I am sure your post was in good meaning but like i said i was just trying to get a ruff estimate. i dont need it down to the penny.

I ditched the old project and desided to buy a new house. i am still working on closing in but look its so pretty! Good bye indiana! Texas i am coming home! http://picasaweb.google.com/lcdallas/StonecrestMar2007?authkey=uBdQZFC_Fnw
Old 03-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #4

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by depriate4repair View Post

Drywall:
Sheetrock:
Insulation:
Drywall Tape:
Shirwin-williams paint:
SW Primer:
Drywall and sheetrock could be considered the same -$12 -depending on size.

What R-value for the insulation?

Paint around $25-$35.

Primer around $20-$25.
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
despriate4repairs

Help

Thank you redline! thats great! wow that drywall adds up though dont it.... Woooo

I dont know waht the R-Value is... I just know i dont want to be able to hear the chidlren singing in their rooms while i am out in the living room (completley other side of hte house) and i can hear them like i am in the same room) oh and its indiana so i bet it would help on the heating bill. ROFL

Old 03-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #6

Help

ammmm you forgot to mention that little tidbit I guess we should have realized that
jefffree4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 PM   #7

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by depriate4repair View Post
In an effort to create a more realistic budget. i was going thru my "wishlist" for products and actually totalling them up in sort of a shopping list/invoice type of fashion.... well i am way over what i thought i was at...

Anyway I had some questions... because i am trying to simi-accuratly price the money i need for just the materials before i move on to labour.... can some of you help me with an average price of the following items. and if you have a website pass it on.....

Drywall: you must mean mud. 12 a 5 gallon pail.
Sheetrock:7.50 for 4/8 sheet
Insulation:80 cents a sq ft blown cellulose
Drywall Tape:5 a roll very cheap.
Shirwin-williams paint:i use dutchboy from menards 15-18 a gallon.

SW Primer:i use zinser. 11 per gallon have it tinted same color as paint. that way one coat of paint will do.
good luck

vhehn is offline   Reply With Quote