Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

heating a small outside toilet

Hi, I have a small brick built outside toilet that is joined onto my house, there is no electric plug sockets but there is a light fitting, the room size is 3 feet x 5 feet x 8 feet, trouble is it gets very cold in there so I am looking at ways to heat it. I thought about an infrared bulb or heat bulb but I am unsure if there is such a thing, what are my options to provide heat in this room.

Keith

khampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

heating a small outside toilet

The hobo way would be to use a receptacle light socket adapter and an electric space heater. I don't think you can beat the fast warm up time of an electric heater, and you probably wouldn't want to keep it heated 24/7. If the light is remotely switched, you could also heat it up before going outside.

However, I'm not convinced that would be safe to draw that much wattage from a light socket or to leave it unmonitored.

Have you considered radiant heat flooring or a heated toilet seat? I assume the space is insulated well.

Planning: Kitchen Reno

Last edited by Thadius856; 11-14-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Thadius856 is offline   Reply With Quote