Heating Gas Usage And Temperature For Comparing Yearly Usage - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
I ask the impossible!

Rewards Points: 508

Heating gas usage and temperature for comparing yearly usage

Does anyone know where I could find a tool that I could use data from my gas bill last year and figure out if I've made gains with insulation to reduce gas usage based on the numer of days at whatever the temperature has been? We moved into our house in November last year just before Thanksgiving, and if I recall I had turned our gas back on just before Halloween (we bought in August, kept the gas off until I fixed a leak)

This would be for SE Michigan, and our gas company is Consumer's Energy. I think I've seen something like this before, but I didn't find it at Consumer's Energy so I'm thinking I must've seen some national energy conservation type site somewhere I can't remember where.

Advertisement

Please do NOT consider any "before" picture of my house as any kind of endorsement of any particular construction method. In fact, you should probably assume that if I post a "before" picture, I am posting it because I am soliciting advice on a proper replacement for one of MANY things done wrong by a previous owner.
WillK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,514

Heating gas usage and temperature for comparing yearly usage

The info you want is called heating degree days. For AC purposes in summer it is called cooling degree days. They have growing degree days for farmers.
Try here.

http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/document...p3/clim81.html

Advertisement