Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Heat issue

Heat came on this morning but now won't. I can hear the thermostat click on and off but nothing happens. What can I check myself?

chrisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:53 AM   #2

Heat issue

It may be obvious, but.... (Assuming a petrol boiler).... boiler plugged in? (I knocked my outside freezer plug lose last year while working in that room, and did not notice it till I smelled bad meat. Lost 100 lbs of moose, halibut, and some domestic stuff. Stink happens.) If so, hit the reset button on the boiler. Sometimes FM happens, too. Out of fuel? (Deliveries don't happen, and people steal fuel.) Water in the fuel line? (Check fuel filter.) Loose wires anywhere? Poke around and maybe you'll see something obvious.... I hope. I hate it when boilers go dead.

jklingel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #3

Heat issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Heat came on this morning but now won't. I can hear the thermostat click on and off but nothing happens. What can I check myself?
It would help if you supplied a detailed post of the equipment you have as the solutions vary from furnace to boiler to heat pump.
The obvious:
Breaker popped?
Oil tank dry?
Switch turned off?
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote