Have You Ever Just Torn In All Down? - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 264

Have you ever just torn in all down?

I keep tinkering with early mistakes/inaccuracies. Apparently my spouse thinks its a bit of an eyesore. Might just chalk this one up to practice/honing skills, or maybe I'll try again in the spring. Not sure how I feel bout taking this down though.

Enclosing Porch

Advertisement

joetab24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 264

I think I am going to remove all of the caps and bases (white and black pieces) and do them again.this time around i am going to be more careful about connecting two pieces, using scarf joints as opposed to just butting them up against one another. learned this from doing the molding on the inside of the porch.

Advertisement

joetab24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

Not sure if this qualifies but after I carefully installed Dense Shield as backer for tiles around my tub enclosure I decided that the product was not as secure as Hardiboard and removed the Dense Shield. Basically it is sheetrock with a thin layer of plastic or fiberglass on one side. I let the promotional materials at Lowes sway me particularly the idea of a built in vapor barrier. But with all the screw holes through the barrier and a core that wicks water, I decided Hardiboard was a better choice.
retired guy 60 is offline   Reply With Quote