Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #1

Share |

hanging ribbons

My daughter wants to hang lots of ribbons she has won from horse riding contests. Any suggestions on how to hang and display them in her room?

feega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #2

hanging ribbons

I moved your question from the Site Help and Suggestions subforum to the general forum where it belongs and where it will get you some ideas/answers.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #3

hanging ribbons

Here are some websites I found that have a lot of suggestions. I didn't really read through any of them, so there may be duplicate ideas. I think you'll find the best selection of ideas in the last link listed here.

http://www.agilityability.com/What_T...h_Ribbons_.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...sy.html?cat=30

http://www.ehow.com/how_2176999_disp...s-ribbons.html

http://hubpages.com/hub/Displaying-Y...e-Show-Ribbons

This next one has some great ideas. Be sure to click on pages 2 and 3.

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...ay-111221.html

I googled "how to display ribbons" to find these and there are more that I didn't list.

Good luck finding a solution that your daughter likes. If you get time, can you post a couple pictures when you're done displaying them?
gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 AM   #4

hanging ribbons

What I did with my daughters ribbons and medal was hang them in a picture frame.

I got a large picture frame and a piece of cardboard that fit in to the size of the frame, and lines the cardboard with velvet and glued it on.

Then I hung the ribbons and medals using pins that went through the velvet and the cardboard very easily.
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #5

hanging ribbons

The picture frame idea sounds great for several ribbons,,,,,I am talking 50-100 ribbons..I tried using string from one end of wall to the other..ribbons too heavy pulled hooks out of wall

Someone mentioned chicken wire...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Stuck in the 70's

hanging ribbons

I picture a three inch strip running across the wall to pin the ribbons on. I would put it down a couple of feet from the ceiling to make it a deisgn statement, but it could be up at the ceiling like a wallpaper border if you prefer.

If I were doing it, I would get some luan or just about any thin board or material, (whatever is thin and cheap) and cut it into long three inch strips. (If you don't have any carpentry experience or tools Lowes will make the cuts for you for a minor fee.) Then I would cover the strips in cork cut to the same width and then a nice fabric (cut the fabric wider and pull it around to the back) to cover it. This could all be glued together. Then just use small screws into the wall studs to put up the strips, and pin the ribbons onto them with thumb tacks or pushpins. You could go across one wall or all the way around the room depending on how many ribbons you have.
You could also make extra strips and store them away for when the ribbons start to multiply.
Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #7

hanging ribbons

I have another idea......

I do this at Christmas with Christmas cards.

I get a bunch of dogwood branches that are about 4 feet tall and put them in a container, and I punch a hole in the Christmas cards and hang them all of the branches with a ribbon.

In your case, you can hang the ribbons all over the branches. I think it would look great.....
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #8

hanging ribbons

Great idea!
gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:55 AM   #9

hanging ribbons

My wife used the ribbons as part of the curtains. I will take a picture tonight.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #10

hanging ribbons

Quote:
Originally Posted by feega View Post
My daughter wants to hang lots of ribbons she has won from horse riding contests. Any suggestions on how to hang and display them in her room?
Oh...what great ideas...she has a tree in her room..I am not sure if she will want to put the ribbons on it...the idea of the 3 inch strip is awsome
I am better at plumbing that carpentry..middle off a divorce. I am sure I can get someone at work to cut the strips and then I can handle the rest. I am getting good with a cordless drill.

I am going to the web sites sugested to and see what else is out there. Madi is getting tired of looking at the ribbons and now with your suggestions I am actually excited to do something.
THANKS