Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
DIY'er

Rewards Points: 1,000

Hanging Pictures

Hello;

I hope this doesn't sounds like a really stupid question.

I have some large photos, and I want to make sure are securely mounted. But the catch is that I would like to be able to move them later without making a mess of my (dark red) Plaster over rock-lath wall. ( I just repainted the room, and know that touch up on dark red is not easy).

My first thought was to use the standard picture hangers on a tiny finish nail, then the hole would be small, and not be a big deal. But I think I need something stronger than these tiny nails for my larger photos.

Any ideas on what to use that will be strong enough, but won't make a mess of this finished wall? (I know I could put in standard anchors and such, but don't want those big holes).

Thanks
Jamie

jamiedolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hanging Pictures

plaster over lathe.......might try a drill with a bit just slightly smaller diameter then the finishing nail so you could almost push them in with your fingers or minimal tapping.the trick is to drill down at an angle on the mark so the larger finishing nail goes down and in at that angle and thru the lathe 2" finishing nails maybe.then your only stuck with that diameter hole to paint over fill in.

Last edited by biggles; 01-07-2009 at 04:37 PM.
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote