Going, Going, Gone - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Rewards Points: 10

going, going, gone

My problem is: I had a new home built by a prominent contractor about two years ago. Shortly after I moved into the new home, I noticed that the floor had a bit of a spring to it in one place. I asked the contractor to please evaluate the situation and his response was "Give it a year to settle and if it does not correct itself, he would fix it".

I waited the year and began to notice cracks in the drywall on the front side of the home. Then I found out that the foundation is sinking. It has sunk down about one and a half inch. The contractor is trying to blame everyone else for the problem and is very slow to act. The contractor won't return calls and I don't know what to do.

Should I contact a lawyer or what - Any suggestions??


J Bouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler
AtlanticWBConst.'s Avatar
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 7,556
Rewards Points: 2,000

Get yourself a lawyer, you will be glad you did. He, or she, will be able to get all this sorted out and get the ball rolling.

"Lawyer up"...


- Build Well -
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,083
Rewards Points: 1,000

Send a certified letter stating the problems as proof that the contractor has been notified.

How long is the warranty on the work?
redline is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1