Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2004, 03:02 AM   #1

Share |

Get paint out of a carpet?

Has anyone got any tips for removing paint from a carpet? I had a bit of an accident and worried about whether I can use white spirit or...? Help :D

kyodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #2

sorry for late reply the paint is now dry,

Sprit may attack carpets with plastics like nylon in them but even if not it could easily attack the color set into the carpet. If you spilled latex paint (most interior paint are made of) the sprits would also have no or very little affect on the paint. Look on the paint can for clean up instructions and if water try repeated cleaning of soap and water using a shop vac to pick up the water. also try a soft brisal scrub brush to help work it out. If the paint is dry sometimes beating it some with a wood block will also help. Good Luck!

Old 02-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #3

This is too late to help you now, but for future spills:

I knocked over a whole can once, and there was a LOT of wet paint. After scooping up what I could with card board, I used the wet Vac. Fortunately, we have a long garden hose, and I brought that in a blasted it on the highest pressure, directing it toward the vac hose sucking it up at the other end of the blob. Phew!
LinusRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #4

i moved into my old apartment about a day or two after renovations and there was splattered white paint all over the floors everywhere (it had cheap grey carpeting). the landlord said he would have it cleaned for us within the week, 4 months went past and even with asking him about it we realized it was never happening so we took goo gone and a dry scrub brush and it suprising did a well enough job that our carpets didn't look terrible. still glad i don't like there anymore though...
ToolbeltTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 AM   #5

you might try "Goof-Off". I know it works with wet paint, not sure about dried paint. It is also good for stains.
notasinger is offline   Reply With Quote