Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #1

Share |

GE Electric Dryer

Have a GE Electric Dryer model Number DBXR463EDOWW. The dryer is about 5 years old and yesterday the light inside the dryer stopped working. Initially I thought the bulb had burned out but after further realized that the bulb is still good and the dryer is no longer getting hot. I flipped the breakers off and then back on but the dryer still will not produce heat. Is the light stopping working related to the dryer no longer producing heat? The timer, and tumbler are still working. Any help would be great.
Ekelsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

GE Electric Dryer

Unplug and check the receptacle & cord.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #3

GE Electric Dryer

Appliance repair clinic . Com, They have professional appliance repair technician's on staff to diagnose your problem, all they want is for you to buy parts through them. I've compared their part prices to other and their competitive with Sears

I'm not a professional., But I did stay at Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #4

GE Electric Dryer

I think your thermostat went out, I would check YouTube for dryer repair. My dryer went out, but mine is gas, so it was a little different. A multimeter and some snooping around, you should be able to fix'er up!
Old 11-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
JOATMON

GE Electric Dryer

I'm assuming that it's electric?

If so, do like greg said....start checking voltages....you may have lost one side of the 240Vac.

My
and
ddawg16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #6

GE Electric Dryer

I experienced the exact same condition in our electric dryer. Turned out I had a breaker go south. Old pushmatic double pole fried on one side. It smelled like a dead mouse of all things so I instinctively dismantled the entire dryer before I considered checking the power supply. Silver lining: the dryer was thoroughly cleaned up just like new inside and out. And I am now less likely to skip trouble shooting.
PoleCat is offline   Reply With Quote