Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-20-2008, 01:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Gas Dryer Won't Heat Consistently

I am having problems with my Frigidaire gas dyer purchased in 2002 (model FSG447GH). Here's the issue:

The dryer seems to start fine, but after about 5 to 10 mins. it shuts off the flame (maybe normal). A couple of minutes later when it goes to re-lite, there is a fairly significant grinding type of electrical noise, then the igniter starts glowing red for about 5-7 seconds, the flame does not start, the igniter shuts down and that's it - done. If I open the door to stop the dryer and re-start, generally the flame lights, and we cycle through the problem again.

Some additional information:

The glow of light when the flame is lit is fairly white looking, not real blue. Now, I can't see the actual flame at that point, but that's the color of the glow that I am seeing.

Also, I thought it might be the coils or gas valve seizing up. I tore apart the valve and everything looks good - springs move good, etc. Don't know about the coils - didn't test those on the meter yet.

Any ideas on what my issue might be here? Was also thinking it could be a bad flame sensor, and there is also a sensor on the burner tube - don't know what it senses, but maybe that could be bad?

Thanks in advance!

WebbsSP

WebbsSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Gas Dryer Won't Heat Consistently

Checked the resistance on the coils - three lead coil had 562 (leads 1-3) and 1385 (leads 1-2); two lead coil had 1313. Seems close to normal based on information from another site...

WebbsSP

WebbsSP is offline   Reply With Quote