Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25

Garage pegboard installation questions

Greetings,

I have recently undertaken the challenge of streamlining my garage and I am almost where I want to be. I am having a shed put in my backyard to house my lawnmower, wheelbarrow and get a lot of the bulky items out. I also invested in a tool box that has allowed me to declutter a metal shelf I already had. All that's left is to get some sensible wall storage to hang some misc. tools (mostly yard and garden tools). The original owner of the house had taken what i assume are 1x4's and secured them to the wall with nails in studs and then just put nails in it to act as hooks. This works from a "get's the job done" standpoint but is very inefficient. My plan is to use these: http://amzn.com/B0057XFZOG to run 8ft of pegboard on one side of the window (see pictures) and 4ft on the other side. Sorry for all the rambling but if you're still with me my question is; If i don't want the peg board as high as the top 1x4 would it be better to just add another 1x4 lower on the wall and secure the pegboard to the the lower of the two original 1x4's and my new one, or should I just remove the 1x4's and use something like durahooks mounting spacers ([url]http://amzn.com/B000LEANKC

[Edited to correct second link]

Thanks,
Kev
Attached Thumbnails
Garage pegboard installation questions-image-2208412116.jpg   Garage pegboard installation questions-image-1475617562.jpg  

Last edited by chefKev; 05-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
chefKev is offline   Reply With Quote