DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Garage/Electrical/House Support

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ddawg16 
#1 ·
This is a combination of Electrical/Garage/House/Tools....and just about everything else...

As some of you know, the past year and a half has been consumed with me building a 2-story addition to my house.

Well....my POS Husky oil less air compressor bit it.....can't really complain....it helped me build the garage and 95% of the addition....

So...I started looking for a new (used) one....found an old Hills Bros 240Vac compressor in the possession of a friend of mine....sold it to me for a fair price. Brought it home Thur night......got around today to getting it ready for my use.

Power cord was in poor shape. Plug on the end was wrong (30A and the motor is 9A at 240Vac). Air outlets were on the wrong end....cleaned up the piping...put the right plug on it it...drained the oil...put in new...greased the motor....washed off the dirt...etc.

I have about 2' of space behind my garage that I turned into a 'closet' (got the idea from Jack Olson).....

Until today it contained my old compressor and a bunch of 'stuff'....along with about 7 avacado seeds that the racoons had left.....

At the back corner I have an air coupling and AC outlet.....

On the other side of the wall inside the garage is my air dryer...since my old compressor was 120Vac and the new one was 240Vac....the lighted switch had to go.

Dragged the new (old) compressor back into the corner....hooked everything up....replaced the old single breaker with a new double 20A breaker.....and turned it on......

I have air......

Better yet....that b!itch is a whole lot quieter than the old one....I'm sure the neighbors will be happy.
Felt good to do garage stuff for a change...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.