DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Gaming with Windows 7

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chandler48 
#1 ·
I had XP on my former computer but went bigger/better think of speed, memory, etc. Many previous games won't play on Win 7 and the gaming suppliers don't seem to have made newer versions. Any suggestions for where to get flying games, combat, strategy? I have flight Sim X and it works, just would like more.

#3 ·
Win 7 came out of the box with out a native DOS component. XP had a DOS component so they all worked. Makes games like Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem and my favorite Quake non functional.
There are consoles for running some game but I had had nothing but No Joy with them.
I have no intention of upgrading from Win 7 if I can help it. If it happens I will be visiting a new OS and leaving Windoze for ever.

The games are out there, you have to search for them and then hopefully your shields are strong enough. Check the orient, China, India and of course Russia. These are dangerous download places. I have had no success in Iraq and Iran. There are online sites where you can play Gemcraft and similar. Not sure of the boards permissions so I will not post the link.
They are NOT THAT HARD to find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.