DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

furnace and or electrical problems

4K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  tuasoi 
#1 ·
I had a problem last year with power going out in certain rooms in the house when the furnace was on, i had an electrician look at the circuit breaker and tighten some of the screws which he said were loose after that i havent had any problems with the power going out. Looks like it started up again and it only seems to happen when the blower kicks in on the furnace. Could a furnace blower cut power to certain portions of the house. I went ahead and tested this today but cutting power to the affected areas of the house via the circuit breaker by leaving just the lights to the furnace room and furnace on, and again when the blower kicked in the lights flickered a bit and then the power went out on the furnace. Can anyone help not sure if this is a furnace issue or Electrical issue.

Thanks

Ian

#2 ·
Loose connection somewhere. If this is affecting more than one circuit then it could be with the incoming power lines. Call your local POCO. Explain the problem and have them check all the connections from the pole to the house including in the meter socket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.