How are ya. I was wondering if someone could advise me about a mold problem. The moisture (from showers) has caused a significant mold growth in my bathroom - located on the drywall ceiling directly above the shower area, and measuring about six by three feet. The mold particles, which don’t smell at all, are very fine brownish dots (no large splotches). Here are my key questions:
1.) In your opinion, is it better to scrub off the mold using chemicals? Or, should I cut off, remove and replace the affected drywall?
2.) If I do the cleaning/removal myself, in your opinion, would it be safe for me - of course while wearing full protective gear – to clean and/or remove the affected area myself? Or, would you suggest hiring someone? I’d much rather do the job myself, but if my health is at risk, than I guess I’ll look into hiring a professional.
Some molds are harmless, some are not.
What you see under the ceiling will not necassarily represent what's trapped in the joist bays.
There are pro's who can identify what you have and tell you if it's dangerous or not. Why not give them a call.