Found mold in my basement, need advice...
The situation :
We moved into this house at the end of last summer. The other day my wife calls me down into the basement with a "Honey, you should come look art this", which is never good. Our main basement area is carpeted with a small bathroom in the corner. The bathroom is approximately 5'x6' and has linoleum tile flooring. In the middle of the bathroom floor there is a small spot, about 2" in diameter, of greenish/black mold growing. The floor is slightly damp. The walls are not damp, the carpet is not damp. Just the linoleum. I believe the dampness is due to the fact that we've had extended periods of unseasonably hot and humid days, and the ground is still pretty cold and the basement floor is a concrete slab, hence condensation.
What I've done so far :
I pulled up one of the tiles and the slab appears to be dry and mold free. I cleaned the entire bathroom floor with a mixture of bleach and water.
What I plan to do :
- Get some Moldex spray and a stiff brush and clean the floor again to hopefully kill the root of the mold.
- This week I will be purchasing a dehumidifier for the basement. I don't know if the previous owner had one. When we saw the house, he had the basement as an office.
Is there anything else I can/should do? This is the first sign we've seen of this. If there is any other mold, the dehumidifier should keep the levels low enough such that it goes dormant, correct?