Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

ex-body man /body shop manager

hi,
my name is Nader. i was a body shop manager for quite some time . i am starting my own business . finally. i am looking for ward to this adventure after all these years of working for someone else that caps my salary . in any case , i am looking to start a produce business and i was wondering if anyone in this community has any knowledge of how to build a "WALK IN COOLER". meaning that i wouldn't have to buy one from these ripoffs . i talked to a couple of hvac guys and they said after building the box, then a window unit of about 12000 btu's would be good enough for a box of about 6' x 8'...if anyone is familiar with information that would be helpfull , please let me know of your thoughts . thank you

naders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Hopefully I have thread jacked you, but why can I never find an honest body shop?......NEVER! They all seem to try to pass obvious defects past you that they would never allow on their own cars. I always have to point them out and make them fix it. Good luck on your freezer.

beerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #3

yea , that's cool ...just because you found some that are crooked; not all can do that , especially if they are 'DRP' shops. which means that they "the shops" work for the insurance companies and are regulated and "ALL" the work done is reinspected before the job leaves the shop ...so , in any case , i am out of that nonesense and i am looking forward to working "FOR ME "...NO ONE ELSE ...ANYWAY , any help , let me know , ok ???thank you
naders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum. I've only met good body shop guys so I've been lucky.
Angie1313 is offline   Reply With Quote