Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 03:48 PM   #1

Share |
Question

Estimate cost/sq.ft. for screened in porch

Hello,

I am interested in having a screened in porch built but before I embarass myself with sticker shock I was hoping to learn what it cost per square foot. I live in Greensboro, NC. It wouldn't hurt to here from different parts of the country.

Thanks.:confused:

Old 05-20-2005, 08:40 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOCTITE1
Hello,

I am interested in having a screened in porch built but before I embarass myself with sticker shock I was hoping to learn what it cost per square foot. I live in Greensboro, NC. It wouldn't hurt to here from different parts of the country.

Thanks.:confused:
The answer is:$55.00/square foot

Old 05-20-2005, 10:01 PM   #3
aka:awesomedell

Send a message via MSN to housedocs

Quote:
The answer is:$55.00/square foot
That's for everything locally?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by housedocs
That's for everything locally?
What do you mean locally?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:41 PM   #5

:confused: Locally....ya know....everything from in your area/town...no delivery charges, no hour on the road twice a day for your contractor, shipping charges.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #6

Well, everything is local, from a nearby lumber yard. The 5-6 carpenters are also local. The price quoted must reflect drive time etc. because it wasn't spelled out in the contract.They're doing an excellant job.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Well, everything is local, from a nearby lumber yard. The 5-6 carpenters are also local. The price quoted must reflect drive time etc. because it wasn't spelled out in the contract.They're doing an excellant job.
I'm glad to see you're happy with the work that's being done. I'd like to have my own screen porch done next year. Please forgive my ignorance, does the $55 / SF relate to the floor footprint or square foot of screen? Also, what kind of roof did you use over the porch and what kind f floor? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
Contractor

Based on footprint, screen enclosures are about $28.00 a sq. ft. These also meet current hurricane codes.
$55.00 sounds pretty steep for your area. I also own a home near Hickory and am familiar with the rates in NC.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetorbilt
Based on footprint, screen enclosures are about $28.00 a sq. ft. These also meet current hurricane codes.
$55.00 sounds pretty steep for your area. I also own a home near Hickory and am familiar with the rates in NC.
It is a gabled roof with a 15 X 20 footprint about 6ft off the ground with electrics, ceiling fan,stain, and beadboard ceiling. I thought it was high too but when I saw what I'm getting I feel it was worth every penny.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #10

I am a contractor in the pool business and I am needing to find out about doing a screened enclosure for a customer. I need all the info I can get. I personally have not done one myself, but my boss has, it has just been a while. What supplies do I need and how do I figure the estimate for the jobs if we do them ourselves? Thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 AM   #11

What will be the $ per Sq. ft in Oviedo, FL on 2011, and/or $ for a 20' x 15' screened porch
Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #12

I am in the Specialty Structure business in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I would urge you to identify the type of use you most want out of the space. If you want an area that serves as intermediary to the indoors and outdoors, look at composite aluminum insulated roof products to bring your costs way down while still providing a walkable, load bearing roof. My company builds beautiful screen rooms for far less than the prices quoted above.
As far as pool enclosures go, we can work from drawings to provide instant quotes on both material packages and full builds in minutes. Standard pool enclosures start in the $5.00 per square foot range (walls plus roof), but can go up for ice and snow loads, and for solid walls.

Last edited by Andray Herron; 03-20-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Removed link to poster business---please read posting rules for pros.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Coconut Pete's paella!

This thread just won't die....

Closed Thread