DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   General DIY Discussions (http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/)
-   -   Estimate cost/sq.ft. for screened in porch (http://www.diychatroom.com/f2/estimate-cost-sq-ft-screened-porch-596/)

LOCTITE1 05-10-2005 04:48 PM

Estimate cost/sq.ft. for screened in porch
 
Hello,

I am interested in having a screened in porch built but before I embarass myself with sticker shock I was hoping to learn what it cost per square foot. I live in Greensboro, NC. It wouldn't hurt to here from different parts of the country.


Thanks.:confused:

LOCTITE1 05-20-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCTITE1
Hello,

I am interested in having a screened in porch built but before I embarass myself with sticker shock I was hoping to learn what it cost per square foot. I live in Greensboro, NC. It wouldn't hurt to here from different parts of the country.


Thanks.:confused:

The answer is:$55.00/square foot

housedocs 05-20-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCTITE1
The answer is:$55.00/square foot

That's for everything locally?

LOCTITE1 05-31-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housedocs
That's for everything locally?

What do you mean locally?

jproffer 05-31-2005 09:41 PM

:confused: Locally....ya know....everything from in your area/town...no delivery charges, no hour on the road twice a day for your contractor, shipping charges.

LOCTITE1 06-07-2005 02:22 PM

Well, everything is local, from a nearby lumber yard. The 5-6 carpenters are also local. The price quoted must reflect drive time etc. because it wasn't spelled out in the contract.They're doing an excellant job.

pipeguy 06-08-2005 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCTITE1
Well, everything is local, from a nearby lumber yard. The 5-6 carpenters are also local. The price quoted must reflect drive time etc. because it wasn't spelled out in the contract.They're doing an excellant job.

I'm glad to see you're happy with the work that's being done. I'd like to have my own screen porch done next year. Please forgive my ignorance, does the $55 / SF relate to the floor footprint or square foot of screen? Also, what kind of roof did you use over the porch and what kind f floor? Thanks for any feedback.

Teetorbilt 06-08-2005 10:04 PM

Based on footprint, screen enclosures are about $28.00 a sq. ft. These also meet current hurricane codes.
$55.00 sounds pretty steep for your area. I also own a home near Hickory and am familiar with the rates in NC.

LOCTITE1 06-10-2005 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teetorbilt
Based on footprint, screen enclosures are about $28.00 a sq. ft. These also meet current hurricane codes.
$55.00 sounds pretty steep for your area. I also own a home near Hickory and am familiar with the rates in NC.

It is a gabled roof with a 15 X 20 footprint about 6ft off the ground with electrics, ceiling fan,stain, and beadboard ceiling. I thought it was high too but when I saw what I'm getting I feel it was worth every penny.

bwkpool&spas 11-06-2006 11:38 AM

I am a contractor in the pool business and I am needing to find out about doing a screened enclosure for a customer. I need all the info I can get. I personally have not done one myself, but my boss has, it has just been a while. What supplies do I need and how do I figure the estimate for the jobs if we do them ourselves? Thanks.

Silvia61 01-02-2011 09:55 AM

What will be the $ per Sq. ft in Oviedo, FL on 2011, and/or $ for a 20' x 15' screened porch

Andray Herron 03-19-2012 03:06 PM

Screen and pool enclosure square foot pricing
 
I am in the Specialty Structure business in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina. I would urge you to identify the type of use you most want out of the space. If you want an area that serves as intermediary to the indoors and outdoors, look at composite aluminum insulated roof products to bring your costs way down while still providing a walkable, load bearing roof. My company builds beautiful screen rooms for far less than the prices quoted above.
As far as pool enclosures go, we can work from drawings to provide instant quotes on both material packages and full builds in minutes. Standard pool enclosures start in the $5.00 per square foot range (walls plus roof), but can go up for ice and snow loads, and for solid walls.

CoconutPete 03-20-2012 10:55 AM

This thread just won't die....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved