Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #1

Share |

enclosed gutter sealant

My carpenter recently enclosed the patio of my doublewide mobile home which has an aluminum roof and an enclosed gutter. By "enclosed" I mean one that is not open like on a regular house. After the room was enclosed, there were some leaks after a rain (which is seldom here in the Mohave Desert). The carpenter rolled back some of the ceiling insulation/bamboo he had installed to reach and seal the screws attaching the gutter to the house where he felt the leaks were coming from.

During the last rain recently there were still some small leaks dripping down the new windows which appeared to be coming from the same place where the sealant had been applied, not very well obviously. I want to correct this problem before our summer monsoons!

My question is now: is there a product, like some sort of liquid, that can be run through the gutter that will plug up any small holes without having to take down part of the ceiling again? If not, what is the best sealer for my application. Flex Steel any good?

Help. I need some good advice........

Last edited by ranchlady7; 03-08-2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add text and correct some spelling
ranchlady7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #2

enclosed gutter sealant

Not a clue what your talking about, very strange way to do it.
Post some pictures.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to curtd

enclosed gutter sealant

Yes, pictures are needed. I'm pretty sure of you mean by your description of your gutters. Sounds likes the one with a partial cover over them. They're in theory allow leaves to slide over the gutter, while only allowing only the water to fall into the gutter
curtd is offline   Reply With Quote