Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Encapsulating the crawl space?

Anyone heard of a book BY L. Janesky called the Crawl Space Science? I got it from a comany that does crawl encapsulation; I was going to rep;ace the poly with a product called "clean Space" but I think I have to let this company do it as it may be available only to these contractors; I also was going to get Icynene blown into the floor joists for odor and temp control coming from the crawl but then I read you have to seal all vents but you should NOT seal all the vents if you do not encapsulate correctly....and that blowing air into the crawl or pulling air out are Not right either according to this book this expert has written...very confused, any help. PS I do NOT have a water issue at all in the crawl and run whole house Ultra Aire dehum system. dogdoc, Atlanta

dogdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Encapsulating the crawl space?

I have heard of that book, though I have not read it. I think the sealing vents and encapsulating the crawlspace is the right direction to control humidity in your crawl. You don't have to go to the extremes you mentioned. Seal the floor and up the walls with 6mm poly. No need for the big $ poly. Buy a simple dehumidifier. Seal the vents. That in itself should take care of the problem

Lukester is offline   Reply With Quote