Elecrolux Slide-in Range Install Help - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Elecrolux slide-in range install help

My granite countertop has front lip that sticks out 1 3/4 inches from the cabinet fronts. The granite lip on the front of the counter prevents slide-in range from sliding back as far as it should. Does the granite installer need to notch out granite lip on each side of the range opening in order for the range to slide back so the stop goes against the cabinet? Here are pictures of range and counter: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rick-19247/4495448055/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rick-19...n/photostream/
Attached Thumbnails
Elecrolux slide-in range install help-dsc_0035a.jpg   Elecrolux slide-in range install help-dsc_0034b.jpg  

Advertisement

RickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

I am confused as to what is preventing the range from sliding right straight back into place. Is it hitting against the wood on the sides or against the granite? Did the old range fit in place or was this range in there before the granite was installed?

Advertisement

meboatermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #3

New cabinets - no old range. What keeps range from sliding in as far as it needs to go is the front triangular shaped section of the range sticks out about 5/8" on each side. The opening for the range is 30" but the opening for the lip part of the granite which overhangs the cabinet needs to be 31 1/2".
Old 04-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #4

Here is a picture of another person's range installed. You can see that the front top side of the range hits lip of countertop. I want to notch my granite counter top sides in the lip section so that the opening is 31 1/2" on the lip section of the granite countertop and 30" opening for range for rest of the countertop. Is this a good idea? Suggestions....
Attached Thumbnails
Elecrolux slide-in range install help-img_5185.jpg  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
Here is a picture of another person's range installed. You can see that the front top side of the range hits lip of countertop. I want to notch my granite counter top sides in the lip section so that the opening is 31 1/2" on the lip section of the granite countertop and 30" opening for range for rest of the countertop. Is this a good idea? Suggestions....
It seems to be a simple problem. Measure the distance to the front of the stove that wraps the counter. Wrap some masking tape over each side. Slide the unit in place and trace the edge. Move the line in towards the stove inset, leaving 1/8" gap. Take a grinder and cut out the protrusion.
Ron
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #6

Yes, my thoughts. Thanks Ron. Hope the granite fabricator coming out tomorrow is on the same wavelength. I am a little concerned with possible damage to cabinet with grinding. He will have to cut back 1 3/4" depth of granite lip.

Advertisement

Last edited by RickC; 04-07-2010 at 09:38 PM.