Drainage Diagrams - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

drainage diagrams

Hi i have a reaccuring problem with my drain and no matter how many times i contact the council they are saying that it is my problem to deal with, i believe that the blockage is coming from further down the street i want to start proving to the council how this cant be mine. does any body know where i can find the diagrams for my local area including depth and falls, any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

twotechnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

drainage diagrams

The council are not responsible for drainage. In Essex it will be either Thames or Anglian Water.
What exactly is the problem you are having? Are you getting a blockage at the last manhole before the run enters the main sewer in the street?

Advertisement

stuart45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #3

drainage diagrams

i dont think im at the end i would say more at the start, the drain in question blocks up every 3-4 months and when i rod them myself i dont hit anything underground for 16 mtr, this passes 1 other house and is almost at the second house along, i dont know what is causing the blockage however im sure it isnt myself. i have contacted both the water company and the council and both say it is down to me as the manhole is on my property, they are also telling me that nobody else in my area is reporting this fault.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #4

drainage diagrams

Does the drain run go through the front gardens or along the street? If it's the old salt glazed pipes set in concrete, blockages are often caused by ground movement cracking the concrete and pipes and forming a lip inside the pipe where stuff builds up.
You may need a drainage survey to prove the fault is not yours.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #5

drainage diagrams

if i was standing with my back to my front door it runs directly away from me with my neighbours connecting form either side at approximatley a 45 degree angle,it is a salt glazed pipe. Would i have to hire a private contractor to do this or should i contact the water company and request them to do one? cheers
Old 02-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #6

drainage diagrams

It depends on whether the drain is a private or public sewer. Any drain serving more than one property built before 1937 is usually a public one and the reponsibility of the water company. They should have plans of the public sewers.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #7

drainage diagrams

ok mate i will start contacting the water company.

thanks for your help much appreciated

Advertisement