Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Dood Hardware

hey every one. need some help. I have wooden french doors to my patio. there are insert wooden grills held in the frame by these plastic push pins with very sharp needle type pins that poke into the side mullions of the window, does anybody have one of these type of doors? I am looking for the pins,don't kow hwo or where the door was purchsed. i am in VA. thanks folks.

tcseacliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 12:26 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Dood Hardware

Look on the latch plate or the window corners for the name of the manufacturer. It might also be on the metal spacer between the glass. Andersen had something like that years ago.
Post a few pictures. The whole door and a closeup of the part.
Ron

Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
remodeling pro

Rewards Points: 500

Dood Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
hey every one. need some help. I have wooden french doors to my patio. there are insert wooden grills held in the frame by these plastic push pins with very sharp needle type pins that poke into the side mullions of the window, does anybody have one of these type of doors? I am looking for the pins,don't kow hwo or where the door was purchsed. i am in VA. thanks folks.
These inserts were pretty popular for a few years. There are lots of them still around, all with the same problem..broken or missing pins. There were two adaptations of this theory. Some manufacturers used pins that looked like the push pins you use to post notes on a bulletin board, When we run across these, we use short, headed, wire gauge nails to refasten the grills. The other type were little sliding plastic buttons with the points on them. I never devised a suitable substitute for these.

If you doors are from one of the "premium" manufacturers, they will have their name either on the corner of the glass, latch, or hinges, as suggested.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote