Do These Under Sink Storage Cabinets Exist In The US?! - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MTN REMODEL LLC
  • 1 Post By 123pugsy
  • 3 Post By Druidia

Old 01-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 6

Do these under sink storage cabinets exist in the US?!

So, I had my bathroom cabinets removed in my apartment and replaced with a porcelain wall sink that juts out and is attached via caulking to the wall and has a long u-pipe jutting out underneath. (can't post picture)

I'm trying to find some type of cabinet to put underneath that can fit around the pipes.
I've found quite a few like that that wrap around the pipes under the sink.
I'd post a photo here of what I'm talking about but I apparently I can't post links until I've "liked" a post. Even though I've now liked 3 different posts it still won't let me post links so I guess you guys will have to just use your best guess and figure out what I'm talking about. -_-

I like that design and it seems effective. My only problem is that I cannot find any site that's actually selling such a cabinet. Only random image blogs covered in tags that lead you nowhere. The one time I did find some for sale they were only on a German and UK site neither of which shipped to the US. So, is this type of cabinet not something that can be found here?
I'd like something like this rather than having to resort to cheap looking Rubbermaid drawers.

PS: Every time I try searching for anything like it via google the only things that are popping up are organizers for underneath a bathroom cabinet. The problem is that I don't HAVE a bathroom cabinet so organizers won't do me any good unless I wanna put them on the floor.

Advertisement

kirschenregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:43 AM   #2
Remodel and New Build GC

Rewards Points: 5,336

Re: Do these under sink storage cabinets exist in the US?!

Not sure exactly what you want..... but can someone custom build for you.... or can you alter some store bought unit....

(I've rebuilt drawers in a U shape to accomadate plumbing in a chest of drawers with a vessle sink on top.)
dd57chevy likes this.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 700

Make a second attempt at posting pictures.

It takes more than 1 post for the system to realize that you are a serious participant, instead of a scammer.

Usually after 1 post most can put pictures up.

Without seeing what you desire, I could just guess and be wrong too easily.

I think that a customized cabinet might be your best choice.

ED
de-nagorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:20 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 12

Google "cabinet under pedestal sink". I just did that and many came up.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
jeffmattero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,426

First of all, I hope the sink is attached by more than just caulking. They usually have a bolt on each side unless it has an actual pedestal down to the floor.

Second, if you wanted a cabinet under the sink, why didn't you buy a regular sink/vanity combo?
mikegp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegp View Post
First of all, I hope the sink is attached by more than just caulking. They usually have a bolt on each side unless it has an actual pedestal down to the floor.

Second, if you wanted a cabinet under the sink, why didn't you buy a regular sink/vanity combo?
Because I can't just install a entire sink vanity unit in a rented apartment. I'm stuck with a pedestal type sink but I need storage underneath it as I used to store quite a lot of stuff in that cabinet.

I also don't particularly want to spend the money to get something custom made as I can imagine something like that running well over $200 which I cannot afford. I never intended on spending money for bathroom storage in the first place. The cabinet I had was removed with only a few days advance notice and I've been forced to keep all my stuff on the floor where the cabinet used to be. I was not anticipating having to purchase more furniture. I'd like to keep the expense under $150 if I can help it.

This is similar to what I'm working with:

This is what I want:

Last edited by kirschenregen; 01-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #7
Usually Confused

Rewards Points: 430

I Googled 'Cabinet for under pedestal sink' and got several pages - many were US sites. A bunch were on Pinterest but since I'm not a member I didn't explore the source of their posts. If you are handy or know somebody who is you could probably modify a standard floor cabinet to suit your needs.
lenaitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenaitch View Post
I Googled 'Cabinet for under pedestal sink' and got several pages - many were US sites. A bunch were on Pinterest but since I'm not a member I didn't explore the source of their posts. If you are handy or know somebody who is you could probably modify a standard floor cabinet to suit your needs.
Yeah, that's my problem. Eighty percent of the google results are from freaking Pinterest which never show links for the product or if it does it's for those non-US sites. Also, as I stated a LOT of the links that are US sites are just blog like sites that just show the product and photos of it but don't have links for where you can actually purchase it. I end up in a loop of reverse image searches to find out where they found that product and ultimately end up back to the foreign pages that don't ship to the US.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:56 AM   #9
MEASURE ONCE, CUT TWICE

Rewards Points: 366

Amazon of course.

https://www.amazon.com/Under-Organiz.../dp/B00F8Q83HS
lenaitch likes this.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:44 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 123

$99.99
https://www.amazon.com/Stockholm-23-...cm_rdp_product

Advertisement

Druidia is online now   Reply With Quote