Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Desperate to pick out shingles quickly....

Insurance is putting on new roof on home I'm buying and closing on this week. I've had the most difficult time picking out shingles because the places don't carry many options to see. I live in Central Texas, options they have locally are Certainteed and Tamko, but not many samples. I want an architectural shingle and would love it if it could be really energy efficient. Want the absolute best shingle for the money so I won't have have problems later or high energy bills. Can spend a little extra to get a better shingle, but not thousands of dollars extra. Please help me. I have to decide in the next couple of days or they're just going with the ugly shingle that's already on there.

DIYLady7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Desperate to pick out shingles quickly....

I can help you with the best for cooling roofs, pick White color over Grey -36*cooler roof, white over Brown -54*cooler........
pp. 6: http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/pdf2002/rose02a.pdf

And, WELCOME to the forum!

Be safe, Gary