Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Designs Software Recommendation

I'm a new DIY-er and am gearing up to remodel my upstairs bathroom and simultaneously begin to add a 2nd bathroom. I'm looking for some design software that will help me visualize the plumbing, electrical and finished floor plan.

My basic plan for my current upstairs bathroom is to build a different shower stall, replace the vanity and retile the floor and walls. While I have everything torn out, I'd like to run the plumbing from the current bathroom to an adjacent room in anticipation of adding a 2nd bathroom upstairs. It'll probably be a while before I get everything tidied up from remodeling the current bathroom, and I start in on the 2nd bathroom, but I don't want to tear up the floor or whatever else in the soon-to-be-remodeled bathroom when I do begin. I can see it all in my head and have a few graph-paper sketches, but I need something a little more precise, especially if I opt to farm out the plumbing. So ideally software that would make sure that my plan is viable and that things like toilet offset and other elements are to code would be great.

Thanks,
Alex

Floyd650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

This prior thread on this topic may be of interest to you. This topic comes up often, you might try the search engine to see if other threads are more appropriate to your needs.

Affordable Software for residential design?

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

Mac or PC? 2D or 3D?
jklingel is offline   Reply With Quote