Culligan Water Softener - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

culligan water softener

I have a culligan water softener. I have no paperwork, and don't know the model. My water is extremely orange. This is an expensive until, and I would like to fix it if possible. When it regenerates, it doesn't seem to draw water from the brine tank or fill it back up. The hot water is way worse.

Advertisement

billwilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,462

culligan water softener

The best thing is to call culligan and have them fix it. It could be anything from the control head, to needing new resin beads & sand. Contact Culligan http://www.culligan.com/en/

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1970618
http://www.ehow.com/how_5994251_chan...ner-resin.html
http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...&fr=att-portal

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #3

culligan water softener

The local office out here is absolutely no help. They want $140 just to show up. If I can't fix it, ill rent one from somewhere. They wont get another penny from me.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Retired from the grind

culligan water softener

Renting is more expensive, but can include a maintenance contract. If they are not maintained, they are useless, which is why yours is not working properly.

And for $140, it pays the bills. What did you expect, for them to show up someplace for free, that has a unit that they knowingly will have to replace the head, etc.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

culligan water softener

It isn't the money that I have a problem with. It's the lack of service they have already provided to me. It's the principle. Why would I give them more money when they have already given me crap service in the past? Also, what do you mean by the lack of maintenence comment? I posted this for help, not random criticism.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000

culligan water softener

The other issues aside, if the water is orange, you probably have a high iron content. One of my customers had a similiar problem upstate and we had Culligan install a wholehouse filter to remove the iron. She was on a well.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #7

culligan water softener

Okay. Thanks. Pretty sure the resin is fouled from the old place. Had really high iron there. We did our best to add the rust out stuff, guess it just went out.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #8
Retired from the grind

culligan water softener

The system is only as good as you maintain it. If you do not check the system annually, it is no better than not having it at all.

Advertisement