Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM   #1

Share |

Creative shower door handle ideas?!

Sorry about the vague title! I bought an unused Heritage Bathrooms shower door for a baragin price on Ebay, but it already has holes drilled for the pull handle (it's a bi-fold door so didn't expect it to even need a handle!) I called Hertiage and the appropriate handle is completely plain stainless steel bar and they want 52 for it!
I'm trying to think of alternative handle options to save a.) having a boring handle and b.) paying 50 for it! Google hasn't come up with any suppliers or ideas.
I was thinking of those decorative cut glass cabinet knobs, but not sure if it's possible for two of them to join in the middle through a hole in a shower door. Or, if I just put them on the outside, whether they are tidy on the inside or have a big nut and bolt feature for the inside of my shower!
Link attached to the knobs I'd like.
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/S...ntsearchType=1
Please can anyone be the voice of reason here, it is taking up a disproportionate amount of my bathroom redecoration time and budget- sorting out a door handle!
many thanks,
Jen

jthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #2
the Musigician

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A photo would certainly help. Lots of possibilities.

DM

Old 10-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #3

You can put a knob on each side, all you need is a threaded machine screw long enough to be threaded into each knob. A projection of 3/8" on each side of the door and the door thickness. If the door was 1" thick, you'd need a 1 3/4" screw. You could get a 2" screw and cut the head off.
Ron6519 is offline   Reply With Quote