Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Craftsman Garage Door openers

I have 2 Craftsman garage door openers. Yesterday my neighbors remote started opening 1 of my doors. Neither his nor my units are new and neither of us changed anything (no code resets,etc.). My remote open his now. My remote opens only one of my doors but not the other. I reset the key pads. One keypad opens both mine and neighbors. My other keypad opens the wrong door (of my two). This all started 2 days ago. Nothing is blocking the sensors...we have held down the green reset buttons on the units and reset our codes to the keypads...no change. Any ideas?

tstables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,024

Craftsman Garage Door openers

If you haven't tried this yet, I would unplug your unit for 5 minutes, plug it in, clear the codes, unplug it for another 5 minutes, then reprogram your remotes.

DexterII is offline   Reply With Quote