Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Retired from the grind

Share |

Cost of replacement cutting wheels for mini tubing cutters

Why is it that it costs as much for replacement wheels for a mini tubing cutter, as it does, just to go out and buy a new one. I realized today that the wheel on mine is all chewed up, when I had to cut some 1/2" Copper for a downstairs shower that is not being used, so that I could cap the lines, because without tearing into the brick wall for the shower, there is no way to fix it, or change out the valve unit.

Of course you never notice this stuff on tools you rarely use, until you use it, and it takes forever to get the job done. Looks like I am buying a new tubing cutter this next week, since no sense buying wheels at the same price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Architectural Sculptor

Probably half the cost of a whole new tool. Better to just buy a new tool.

RWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWolff View Post
Probably half the cost of a whole new tool. Better to just buy a new tool.
Actually it is the cost of a new tool. Looked at the price of the same one I have, which is around 9-11 bucks, and the Rigid, which is around 7-9 bucks, pack of two wheels is around 5-8 bucks, so guess what, new tool is cheaper than buying the wheels.

: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote