Cork In The Bathroom - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Cork in the Bathroom

Has anyone used cork in a bathroom, the wall or the floor.
I would assume it is waterproof. Any cons?

Advertisement

larrylwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Cork in the Bathroom

Any area you'd like to have a hard wearing, non slip floor is great for cork. A cork floor in a bathroom will feel warm and soft when you step out of the shower, and won't be slick or hazardous. Just remember to caulk the edges of the floor well, to make sure that no water can leak under the floor. Also, clean up standing water or puddles as soon as you see them, to prevent damage or warping.
i'll be using it in our new bathroom and other areas when they're ready for flooring.

DM

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #3

Cork in the Bathroom

I started looking at it, I'm thinking of using one design on the floor and another on the wall as wall tiles. Since it is so lite I wouldn't have to install wet board on the walls. It should also install over the hideous wallpaper. Also its not very think, I could install it over the existing 1962 hexagon floor tile with a little prep.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Cork in the Bathroom

sounds like a plan to me.
post pics here when you're done!

DM
Old 06-21-2009, 07:57 PM   #5

Cork in the Bathroom

I'm thinking a little ahead, I'm just finishing up trimming the new picture windows I just installed in the Living room. I also removed the old bead board in the 1/2 that it was installed and put in wallboard so it would match. Next finishing that and painting. Then remove the fireplace insert and install gas logs. Wallboard the painted white brick and build a new mantle and surround with tile insert. Then new living room floor and new crown molding. Then the master bath. I'm also going to buy one of those steam shower modules to replace that dinky clipped corner prefab shower. Then raise the bedroom floor 2ft to match the rest of the house, then ......