Congoleum Duraceramic - General DIY Discussions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

congoleum duraceramic

The reason i joined was just to tell everyone who complained about the congoleum duracuramic that I think it is absolutely wonderful. I think some of you just had people who did not know how to install it correctly. Mine has been been more than what I even imagined it would be. No problems with grout and I have had it more than two years. No scratches at all from animals and I have two with long claws. It is a little softer than regular ceramic, which I think I would have a problem with because I don't like cold floors and these are warmer. It has a wonderful look to it and have had no cracks and it cleans wonderfully. I do not have a single complaint about it so I don't know what the problem would be with those that do other than the installers. Would recommend highly!!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

congoleum duraceramic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derewicz61 View Post
The reason i joined was just to tell everyone who complained about the congoleum duracuramic that I think it is absolutely wonderful. I think some of you just had people who did not know how to install it correctly. Mine has been been more than what I even imagined it would be. No problems with grout and I have had it more than two years. No scratches at all from animals and I have two with long claws. It is a little softer than regular ceramic, which I think I would have a problem with because I don't like cold floors and these are warmer. It has a wonderful look to it and have had no cracks and it cleans wonderfully. I do not have a single complaint about it so I don't know what the problem would be with those that do other than the installers. Would recommend highly!!!!
And which thread are you referring to?
No one has mentioned this product in a long time and yet you felt compelled to set your personal record straight.
I look forward to more informative posts from you in the future.
What's your opinion on Chinese drywall? Bad rap because a few people who don't know how to put it up?

Advertisement

Old 06-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
uva uvam videndo variafit

Rewards Points: 500

congoleum duraceramic

I think it's just spam.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,186

congoleum duraceramic

Just a happy,happy person.----Hows the spider video going? I think I bump it---Mike---
Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #5

congoleum duraceramic

Well apparently the thread had been on there for a long time, but I did not notice the date. It just seemed there was nothing but negative on this congoleum duraceramic and I have heard such good things about it and my experience had been great. I do hear a bit of sarcasm in the replies to my comments and that's ok if it makes you happy. No, I don't know a thing about chineese drywall and don't plan on putting any up, but my dad was a contractor for only about 50 years and I learned quite a bit from him. One thing he did teach me is make sure to check someone out before you have them install anything. I did and they did a wonderful job and I have gotten so many compliments from people on my floor. I was just really surprised at the comments I received on this and I won't be sending anymore messages because it sounds like you people aren't serious anyway.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,186

congoleum duraceramic

We can be serious. We also like a chuckle.

This site gets spammed a lot---seldom is a guest so enthusiastic about the quality of a product as you.

We thought you we not serious. My apology for that.

Please look around before you leave and thanks for dropping by.---Mike---
Old 06-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,000

congoleum duraceramic

Quote:
Originally Posted by derewicz61 View Post
Well apparently the thread had been on there for a long time, but I did not notice the date. It just seemed there was nothing but negative on this congoleum duraceramic and I have heard such good things about it and my experience had been great. I do hear a bit of sarcasm in the replies to my comments and that's ok if it makes you happy. No, I don't know a thing about chineese drywall and don't plan on putting any up, but my dad was a contractor for only about 50 years and I learned quite a bit from him. One thing he did teach me is make sure to check someone out before you have them install anything. I did and they did a wonderful job and I have gotten so many compliments from people on my floor. I was just really surprised at the comments I received on this and I won't be sending anymore messages because it sounds like you people aren't serious anyway.
Honey, we can be as serious as a heart attack.
We don't use the phrase "heart attack" usually, due to the sensitivity of all the older posters.
Don't get me started on granite transformations!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:37 AM   #8

congoleum duraceramic

Ron why are you calling me honey? How do you really know that I am a honey. If you were my husband you could call me honey, I am not your honey. Why the heck do you have a problem with a good product? My contractor who put this product loved this product; much better than than ceramic itself. He said it was much easier to install, not all the cutting and also found it to be much more durable than ceramic itself. I don't understand you Ron; do you think only men should be sharing on this thread or on this site? Get real and try to be of this century. I only wanted to share a good experience with a good product; if I need advice on any house projects I can ask my brother who also is a contractor and one of the best and really loves my floor also and ask me to send him the product so that he could get it for his kitchen. Try to be a little more open minded and perhaps more ladies will share some of their great ideas with you.

Advertisement

The Following User Says Thank You to derewicz61 For This Useful Post:
Ron6519 (06-10-2011)
Closed Thread