Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Slab Repair

I have made a hole about 1' x 3' in the slab in a bathroom in order to move the toliet to another wall. My question is can i just replace the gravel and what is left of the wire rebar and fill, or do I need to replace the plastic vapor barrier and put in new wire rebar? If i need to put new vapor barrier in, how do i do that effectively as some of it has ripped out from under the remaining parts of the slab... is there anything else i should do in order to seal this part of the floor, i will be putting ceramic tile over it afterwards.

sportnmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Custom Cabinet Maker

Rewards Points: 500

Concrete Slab Repair

undercut ( dig under ) the old slab a bit slide new vapor barrier under it, replace gravel, wire, pour, float off done

skymaster is offline   Reply With Quote