Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #1

Share |

concrete driveway repair

I could use some options! My house has a large concrete driveway on an incline and it has been present for 13 years. The previous owner used salt in the winter (instead of sweeping or shoveling it) and now it is pitted. Some pits are large, measuring close to 1 inch deep and 1.5 to 2 feet wide. Some are much less severe. The surface is beginning to flake away. The rest of the concrete is in great shape. There are no cracks, heaves, or buckles. I want to do something to give my driveway a smooth surface. I have googled concrete repair but I find how to repair steps and not something as large as this driveway. Can (and how) could I go about patching the concrete or should I have someone put a coat of asphalt over it? Thanks in advance!

butlerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:03 AM   #2

concrete driveway repair

Not a concrete expert, but I have worked around those that are. Once that surface begins falling apart, the concrete is done. Patches to the top will flake off because what is under is crumbling. Not sure what to recommend, but blacktop is an alternative.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote