Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #1

Share |

Cole Sewell--getting warped glass out of frame

I have a Cole Sewell storm door with a full pane that swaps out between glass and screen. This year, the glass has warped slightly--one of the joints is slightly expanded, enough that we can't get the glass out of the door frame. It's very tight but I'm afraid to force it out as I don't want to break the glass.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images

swallace0325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Cole Sewell--getting warped glass out of frame

Glass does not warp. Most likely either the frame or door has warped, or the glass was not placed into it properly. It would take a lot of force to break tempered glass, unless you hit it sharp on the edge, then it breaks into millions of little pieces.

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is offline   Reply With Quote