Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
marcy

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Cold bathroom and bathroom closets

My house is 13 yrs old. The bathroom has always been 8-10 degrees colder than the rest of the house. The room is the farthest from the furnace, but i dont think that' the whole problem. The ceiling is ice cold....there's an attic above that has insulation just like the rest of the house. Could there be an air leak from the pipes coming in , or from the pipes that lead in from the roof? The west wall is also very cold, but i know it has insulation and tyvek was applied at time of being built. The north wall is brick outside. Could cold air be getting in where the brick meets the siding ? Please help. This has been a major aggravation for a long time. We use a space heater in there, but i feel we shouldn't have to ........thanks.

MARCY is offline   Reply With Quote