Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM   #1

Share |

clawfoot tub leveling extensions

I just purchased a new cast iron clawfoot tub for a remodel. My plumber installed the tub but it is not sitting on the actual feet. It is sitting about 1.5 inches up on the leveling screws. He told me that this is normal and that because the tub is on the second floor it cannot be adjusted to sit on the actual feet because he cannot get below the floor. The seller, signature hardware, said he simply needs to shorten the overflow drain. He said they are wrong, called them and convinced them that I am asking for the impossible. I have spent about $100,000 for a kitchen/bath remodel and now I am worried that is someone large/heavy bumps into the tub the leveling screws might break. Can't this be fixed or am I destined to have to have the tub sitting on these very precarious little screws. By the way, the screws are not even level on the floor, they are slight ascew. Any advice would be great. I am meeting with the plumber on Thursday and am worried that he is going to bully me - I'm not a plumber. Thanks, Margi

domijita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Kyle Emerick

clawfoot tub leveling extensions

Sounds to me like he is holding out on you and is refusing to do the necessary work to get the job done. Call another plumber. One should come over to give a free estimate... heck, call a couple.

If your somehow bound to use this current plumber, ask him how it could be fixed and how much it would cost. Anything can be fixed, its all a matter of money.