Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Carpet Cleaning

hello this is stacy. i have a very old, very valuable antuque oriental carpet (plus a few other less valuable & less old ones) that is in need of both cleaning and some restoration work, can anyone recommend a reliable place to do it?(Los Angeles and surrounding areas)

Thanks
Stacy

MySweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Carpet Cleaning

Check yellow pages, but be very particular who you choose. Check with friends, relatives, etc., that have oriental rugs. We used to have two that were VERY good with those rugs, now down to one. But we are on the right coast.

Just Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

Carpet Cleaning

Stacey:

If this old carpet is valuable, I would ENSURE you're getting advice from an expert on who to take it to for repairs. Maybe contact your local museum curator, and ask him if he knows anyone that's very knowledgeable about old carpets and tapestries.

Also, check your local university Home Economics department and see if they have anyone who teaches a course in textiles. That individual may know who might do restoration work to antique garments and such, and they might know of someone who does restoration work on old carpeting. You should take your carpet to an antique shop to get some idea of what it's worth so you know what you'd potentially stand to lose by having the wrong hands muck with it.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

Carpet Cleaning

Hi Stacy this is Julie im a house wife and im facing the problems with my carpet. cz i used some of the tools having no sharp edges tht is y they cannot clean the carpet easily even they were spoiling the thickness of the carpet and jus mess with the carpet. so my friend told me about the carpet cleaning team in los angeles and here they are carpet cleaning los angeles , so i used them and now my carpets are so good and even i feel tht they remodel my carpet<lol> so i give the advice of using them you willbe 100% satisfied.
myre1175 is offline   Reply With Quote