Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Default

Carbon Monoxide Kills


Carbon Monoxide Kills


Understand the risks and learn how to protect your family.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a silent killer. It can infiltrate your home through the most apparently harmless devices, like your boiler or cooker. It is impossible to see or smell, yet it is easy to protect yourself and your family from the risks.
These pages are a guide to carbon monoxide and how to recognise if itís present in your home. Too many people die each year in the UK from carbon monoxide poisoning, and many become chronically ill. By reading the information contained here, you can stop yourself and your loved ones becoming a carbon monoxide statistic.
A few simple steps, including an annual gas safety check with a registered installer, could prevent needless deaths or illness as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

For more information, we have produced two free downloads:We also recommend that you click on one of the links below to find out more:Thanks take care
MICK



TRUSTEDTRADESMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
Registered User
 
Termite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,520
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Carbon Monoxide Kills


Good info here. Everyone should familiarize themselves with the dangers, symptoms, and causes of CO poisoning, and should equip their homes with CO detectors.

Cracked heat exchangers, flues that don't flow correctly, flues that leak, or improperly vented equipment can let CO into your home. Having fuel burning equipment in very small basements or mechanical spaces without adequate combustion air supply will cause that equipment to produce more combustion gas (and it won't burn as efficiently).

I've been on a number of after-incedent inspections of homes where people got CO poisoning. About half the time it is just stupid things like not venting the water heater. Had one family renting an unheated basement that disconnected the vent flue of the furnace that served the upstairs tenant of the home, just to provide some heat to the basement. Not good.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
builders, electricians, news, plumbers


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tankless Water Heaters Recalled for Repair Due to Carbon Monoxide shimp Plumbing 1 01-22-2008 06:52 PM
Need help with heat/cool unit before wife kills me buddyc1 HVAC 4 06-06-2007 11:15 PM
Carbon Fouling ROCCO HVAC 4 03-25-2007 12:50 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.