Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > General DIY Discussions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #1

Share |

Capping/Resurfacing Concrete IS IT WORTH IT?

Received two bids for the cement work I wanted done. On average 8 - 10 grand. Ok definately can NOT afford that! Do not fell confident enough to do the job myself. (I want it to look NICE) haha The second cement guy wanted to level out all surfaces, repair cracks, and then put a smooth cover/resurface/cap and then a sealer. When I asked about a warranty I was told he would cover it for two years. (The cost of that for the same amount of concrete was $3500) BUT the 2 year warranty sent my wife heading for the hills. All she heard was $3500 every two years until we die! haha

Can anyone tell me more about the capping/resurfacing? Is it worth it? Does it last more that two years? I know a lot of it depends EXACTLY on the contractor and what materials he uses, but I am asking "in General" what do I need to look out for?

Thank You

Evil Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #2

In general if your concrete has cracks and you pour concrete over top of it the cracks will appear in the new concrete very soon.

Evil Scotsman (11-02-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #3

depending on how damaged the existing slab is, resurfacing can be an attractive,,, we do that work every week,,, 2yrs is the life of a good sealer,,, fyi, elitecrete.com &/or concretenetwork.com.

you may also consider a bonded OR unbonded overlay w/regular concrete.

if you hear it from a guy in the apron store, be VERY suspicious the mtl/method will work,,, when it time to build something together, they won't answer phones NOR help
itsreallyconc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to itsreallyconc For This Useful Post:
Evil Scotsman (11-03-2010)